For Sale: Boxer Bicycles Cargo Bus SOLD!
The bike we built for the 2011 edition of the Oregon Manifest is SOLD. You could call it a Cargo Bus, but I think the better description is a cross between a Chevy LUV pickup and a school bus. Sort of an El Camino or reverse Euro Mullet. Or just yellow submarine.
This bike is fantastic for trips to the library, pre-school/day care, and your local park with the super playground. It’s equally fun for spending a day at the beach or picking up fresh produce at your neighborhood farmer’s market! You could load it up with the grill and fixins for a picnic barbeque down on the lake. There are so many possibilities with this set up and you don’t have to keep it to shorter rides.
Even with a load on the front, the bike is still lively for those inclined to ride quickly. But the Boxer Bicycles Cargo Bus really begs you to relax, forget your worries and need to hurry about. Why not take your time and enjoy the day?
up for sale SOLD with a new improved rider interface/control setup. For the event it was built with downtube shifters, compact double cranks and a more aggressive riding position. Now, it’s equipped with a wide range triple crank set, bar end shifters and an upright riding position with the superb Nitto Albatross bars.
Details are as follows:
- Handbuilt cargo truck style frame with integrated platform rack and child carrier mount, butted steel tubing for the frame/fork and 4130 aircraft grade chromoly steel for the boom tube and rack. Frame has internal wire routing for front and rear lighting. Fork is built for the connector-free Schmidt SL dynamo hub, to provide simple wheel removal without the hassle of disconnecting your light wires.
- Schmidt SON Delux SL dynamo hub, eDelux headlight and Busch & Mueller fender mounted taillight.
- Handbuilt wheelset with 20″ front/650B rear with wide supple tires to smooth out and spice up the ride. Two additional 20″ tires are provided to fine tune the comfort and performance.
- Rear Shimano XT disc hub with a heavy duty axle and excellent dust shields to provide years of bomb proof service.
- Bike Handling optimized for front loading of cargo and/or passenger.
- Easy gear changes provided by Shimano indexed bar end shifters, right “at your fingertips.”
- Cold Forged Shimano XT triple crank set with comfortable MKS platform pedals.
- Wide, sturdy aluminum Honjo fenders with integrated mudflap up front to keep your feet dry and clean.
- Powerful Avid BB7 disc brakes and Jagwire Ripchord Kevlar reinforced cable housing for sure stopping in any weather.
- Brooks B-17 Special saddle for utmost comfort and good looks.
- High Visibility front mounted I-Bert child carrier seat. Chat with your passenger as you cruise along in style and comfort. Fits most children age 1-4 years weighing up to 38 pounds.
- Handcrafted cargo satchel made of waxed cotton and supple leather to carry two grocery bags worth of stuff. Designed to still enable use of the removable child carrier when filled to capacity.
- Super easy rear wheel removal provided by the custom Integrated Chainrest System means you don’t have to get your hands filthy handling the chain! See this video for a demonstration of how it works on a Boxer Bicycle Randonneur.
- Handbuilt, chrome plated steel bottle cage for wide mouth Stanley ‘Char-Vac’ insulated bottle (“thermos” is included). Great for keeping your oatmeal warm on those dark winter morning rides through the Pacific North West rain and chill.
- Zefal HPX Classic frame pump.
- Cargo only weight limit of 80 pounds.
- Cargo + Passenger weight limit of 65 pounds for safety and security of child and rider.
- European style integrated rear wheel cuff lock is great in low risk areas.
- Integrated lock can be replaced with optional custom rear pannier rack for even greater cargo capacity. Please inquire about the optional rear rack.
Bike basic dimensions are as follows:
- 55.5cm Seat Tube
- 57.0cm Top Tube
- 32″ Standover height
- 44.0cm Chain Stays
- 74″ overall length of bike + rack
- Rack platform is 19.5″ W x 22″ L
- 11.5cm Stem with about 1.5″ rise
- 170mm cranks Shimano FC-M730 Deore XT
We would prefer to sell this bike locally in the Pacific North West to avoid costly shipping fees and hassle. However, if you are interested and located out of this region, please contact us to discuss options.
This is a lightly used bike with less than 100 miles on it. There are a few small marks in the durable powdercoat finish, but overall it looks close to new. The Cargo Bus is
for sale now SOLD.